Wednesday 22 August 2007

'Becoming Jane': Memories

Kari directed me again to this lovely music video of Becoming Jane (thanks so much, Kari!).



Kazaamestisa, the video maker, used 'Memories' performed by Within Temptation in their 2004 Silent Force album, and I have to say that it was the perfect choice for the theme in this video. The decision to use black/white pictures to represent the past is indeed a wise choice as well, contrasting with the coloured scene of the 'present' time inside the opera house. And of course, Anne Hathaway's expression as the elderly Jane Austen that caught a glimpse of Tom Lefroy was a treasure! Come to think of that, the meeting was indeed orchestrated by Henry and Eliza, for both of them cast the knowing smile.

The only thing I wish for is that the extension of the video to include the last reading scene... for oh how I love that scene... (wailing helplessly)!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely! I adored the use of colour to its potential signifying the past/present. I cannot wait for the DVD!

Anonymous said...

That was a great video... I guess I should be leaving this comment there as well... but it's awesome to have so many of the videos included here :) makes my day so much more exciting!

Just love the site! :) Can't get enough of the film and can't to have a U.S. release date!! It's probably going to be several months at least... I don't know what I'm going to do with myself!

Icha said...

Thank you Ladies!

As I said before, welcome, Meg! Nice to have you here and loving the site. We are aware of some negativities out there about the site; either they think we are pompous people trying to present misleading facts, or we are incompetent, or even have hidden commercial motives! :-D

So nice to have the Fansite serving its non-profit purposes for friends like you.