Monday 28 January 2008

Jane Austen Calendar 2008 part 2

Many thanks to Christina in Texas who made this incredibly beautiful calendar, and Michelle who sent it to the rest of Team Jane, here is the 2008 Jane Austen Calendar in JPEG format. You have to download each pictures, unfortunately, for Blogger does not accommodate PDF. Not that I'm aware of, at least. The ITV Austen fans will find lots of comfort in the calendar. Fans of Emma 1996 (Gwyneth Palthrow), Pride & Prejudice 2005 (Keira Knightley), Sense & Sensibility 2008, and Becoming Jane will also have heart throbs!

Elizabeth Bennet & Mr. Darcy for Jan 2008; Marianne Dashwood & Willoughby for Feb 2008.




















Catherine Morland & Mr. Tilney for March 2008; Anne Elliot & Capt. Wentworth for April 2008.





















Fanny Price & the Boys for May 2008; Emma Woodhouse & Mr. Knightley for June 2008.






















Elizabeth Bennet for July 2008; Elinor & Marianne Dashwood for Aug 20008.





















Catherine Morland for September 2008; Anne Elliot for October 2008.





















Fanny Price for Nov 2008; Emma Woodhouse for Dec 2008.





















And... Jane Austen & Tom Lefroy for January 2009!

Thanks a lot, Christina. And to everyone who have commented on the broken links, so that I could fix them up. Hope you guys have no problems downloading it now.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thi s is simply beuatiful!! You have made a great job and pleased lots of BJ fans,I´m sure:)

Anonymous said...

So lovely!!! Kudos and thank you so much for sending it to us. I know this must have been a labor of love and will be cherished! : )

bilbo said...

The calendar pics are very lovely. However, my browsers (both Firefox & IE) displayed links to full size images only for the pics on the left & right (1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11,13), but not the ones in the center (3,6,9,12,14). For those I could only get thumbnail size images (~10kb). I don't know if there is a problem on my end, or if perhaps those full scale links need to be added on your end. Sorry for this long technical complaint; it's my nature. You really are doing a great job with the fansite.

Vic said...

Very lovely indeed. You did a great job posting it.

Vic said...

The middle images are not clickable; neither is the last one. Can this be fixed?

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks a lot for uploading it to all of us. As for your queries about non-clickable link, you can download the full size images by changing the link. E.g. for the last image, the thumbnail link is:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_SDMlqS5bYN4/R52fzuMHqHI/AAAAAAAABRg/-jnF_QSqvZQ/s320/Jane+Austen+Calendar_14.jpg

and the full size link will be:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_SDMlqS5bYN4/R52fzuMHqHI/AAAAAAAABRg/-jnF_QSqvZQ/s1600/Jane+Austen+Calendar_14.jpg

As you can see, by changing s320 to s1600, you can get the link for full size image. Do this for all the images in the center. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Thanx

Anonymous said...

So sorry, my comment cannot display the full link so you see a broken link only. If you still do not understand, I suggest the site admin should rectify this problem. I have to search the internet in order to solve this problem too.

bilbo said...

Thanks to Luthien84 for the help.
Added hints:
To get the thumbnail link, right click on the thumbnail (middle pic) & select 'properties' from the drop-down box. When the properties box opens, it will show the link as 'location'. To see the whole link you probably need to expand the box by dragging its right margin. Select the entire location string and copy it to the url (address) box of a new tab or window. Then replace 's320' by 's1600-h' (I did this because that's how the other pics' urls look), hit 'Enter' and the full-size pic should open.

Icha said...

Dear guys, thanks a lot for the tips. Sorry for the broken links, I've now deleted the center pix and make it two in a row instead. You should be able to download all of them now.

Ms Place, nice new chignon! :-D

Thanks a lot for the tips about the calendar on your blog. It's going great, your blog is! I visited it time to time whenever I could during the field work, but I had no time for dropping the comments, sorry for that.

Enjoy the calendar, ladies and gents! And here's Christina's email if you want to say thank you personally: kurtzptr@suddenlinkmail.com

Anonymous said...

Just love the calendar! I'm so going to use it =P ^_^

mamma jakeline said...

Hello my dears! After eager waiting my BJ-DVD finally arrived today! :D yey me! Unfortunatly for me there were no extras in the nordic edition. :( Ah well at least I can watch it now whenever I feel like it! :)

Now I only wait for my parcel from UK with MP, NA, Emma and Persuasion in it!

/ hugs from Maria in Sweden

mamma jakeline said...

Hello ladies! I have found, scavaging around youtube, another user who has uploaded Sense & Sensibility! Yey! you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1844CFE0FF0BBCB3

She also has uploaded Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park and Persuasion. :-)

/snowy hugs from Maria in Sweden

mamma jakeline said...

I have found another BJ-fic, it sound very nice so far. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4058442/1/Fantasy_&_Responsibility check it out!

/ love from Maria in Sweden