Monday 14 January 2008

Lydia Bennet Competition

Our dearest Jane Odiwe just contacted us about this very interesting info. Anyone interested in participating? Just click the Jane Austen Sequels. It should NOT be hard to guess which activities Lydia prefers the most! And oh, don't you JUST love Jane's rendetion of Lydia?

To celebrate the publication of Lydia Bennet's Story, Lydia has a copy of her novel and a set of seven Effusions of Fancy greetings cards for anyone who can put her favourite interests and pursuits in the correct order, beginning with her best-loved preference.

There are five to put in the right sequence:

Trimming a bonnet

Dancing

Going to Meryton

Mending Mr Bennet's shirts

Chasing Officers

The competition is open for a week until 20 th January. Please send answers (don't forget to include your name) in order of Lydia's preference to the following e-mail address: effusions at btinternet dot com (say it out loud). The winner will be announced on Monday, 21st January.

Pic: Lydia Bennet, from Jane Austen's Sequels

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww, I love that picture of Lydia so much!!

Michelle said...

Chasing Officers and Mending Shirts?? Can there be any competition?! Haha... such nice mental images going on here...

Jane Odiwe said...

Don't you just love mending shirts? Ha ha, only joking!
Oh La! I hope I've given nothing away!

As for chasing officers-I declare I cannot comment or I shall give myself away.

Lydia x

Rachel said...

I hope many people take part in such a wonderful competition.

I would choose dancing everytime....particularly if a gentleman such as Tom Lefroy was my partner!