Tuesday 1 September 2009

Jane Austen Festival, Bath

For all you UK Janeites out there (and for anyone else who is interested!), I just wanted to make you all aware that it is in fact the Jane Austen festival in Bath in a few weeks.


The festival runs from Friday 18th September to Sunday 27th September and there are many events running every day, e.g. walking tours, talks, dancing (regency costume most welcome).


It is worth checking out the homepage for more information.
I have been to the Jane Austen centre in Bath and that is well worth a visit, even at non-festival times.
I am desperately hoping to be able to get to the festival at some point over the 10 days.
I want to meet my very own Tom Lefroy!

2 comments:

Icha said...

Aaagghhhh!!! I wanna go there! I wanna go there!!! AArrrrghhh!

Gimme a wildlife conference in UK I can attend so I can jump to Bath later!

Linda, when are we going to Bath?

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Icha, going to Bath? The absolute first chance I get!!

I really would like to visit "where Jane went". When I was at Winchester, I could just feel her spirit. One day, sigh.

Linda the Librarian